Monday 22 October 2012

Almond Milk Leftovers! (almond pulp)

After making my delish almond milk I really didn't want to throw away the pulp. I have found a few ideas with what to do with the almond pulp, and have decided to go with the Almond Pulp Hummus (recipe below).

Here are some other ideas:

I am about to try this recipe and I will let you know how I go :)

Recipe:goo.gl/7A3Ys
Ingredients:
1 clove garlic
4 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 Tbsp. raw tahini (or other nut butter)
1 tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. crushed chilies or cayenne pepper
1 ¼ cup almond pulp (leftovers from making almond milk)
pinch sea salt + pepper


Method:
1. In a food processor, pulse to mince garlic. Add everything but the almond pulp and blend until creamy.
2. With the motor running, slowly add the almond pulp a few spoonfuls at a time until you have everything well blended. If desired, add more water, one tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.

Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. (Remember that the almond pulp will last for up to seven days, so make your hummus quickly after the nut milk!)

1 comment: