Wednesday 24 October 2012

Funfetti For Fabulous Writers!


I made this cute Funfetti Cake for my beautiful class! They did so so well with their writing samples (assessment) today! The poor things had been used to writing recounts their whole schooling lives and had suddenly been required to write narratives! 

We only had about three weeks to practice the basics of a piece of narrative writing. I drilled in the structure into them everyday: Intro, Problem, Action, Solution. They were so sick of it, but it worked! 

For the test they were given a prompt in the form of a photo, and had to create a narrative story based around that photo. Our assessment photo was title 'The Bush', which was basically two kids walking into the forest. 

Reading their stories was probably the highlight of the year! They were so creative, clever and oh so beautiful! When I have a chance I will attach a few pieces of writing.

I am so happy, and so proud. Go Room Fourteen! :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww where did your beautiful comment go? :)

      Delete
    2. Lovely Cake Miss Ouano!



      Sorry my comment got deleted, it was an accident! Anyways I loved the taste of your funfetti cake, it tasted really yummy and I could tell the class would want more. Remember nothing can be more fun than Miss Ouano'sn YUMMY Funfetti Cake!

      Delete