Monday 13 May 2013

Making French Macarons - Part Two!


Lemon Macarons filled with French Buttercream & Lemon Curd

As you sit there and admire my macarons, not to long ago I was not completely happy about my second attempt at making macarons (read here). I looked back at the post and reflected on doing these things differently:

For my next batch there a few things I need to do differently:
  • Process my almond meal for a little longer.
  • Use powdered food coloring instead of gel.
  • Take my time and breath a little!

Surprisingly enough I did do 2/3 of those things, I still used gel colours (have not brought myself to spend on powdered colours). The trick is definitely on how many times you fold your mixture, and getting it just right, not to clumpy (is that a word?) or not too runny!


Now I am pretty happy with my lemon macarons, BUT there is still room for improvement!

Next time I will:
  • Let them cool on the tray for longer
  • Not over mix so they are not so flat
  • Pipe the buttercream in with a plain round nozzle

I am pretty tough on myself as you can see! Maybe 'Making French Macarons - Part Three' may send you news of perfection!


Kim xx

2 comments: