Wednesday 29 August 2012

Ombre Rosette Cake


Seriously, I think that this is the best cake that I have made so far! I am not usually one to toot my horn, but I really, really love the rose swirls and shades of pink! Sorry for all of the self praise, I just really love how it turned out, since I am a huge lover of all things PINK and GIRLY!

This cake was made for an old school friend for her beautiful daughter! I used the ombre technique to show shades of pink, and again used the 1M tip to get the strawberry buttercream rose swirls. The cake has six thin layers, one for each colour of the rainbow (wish I had a picture)!

It was requested that I made the cake girly and to somehow incorporate butterflies and fairies, just as well that is my forte! I used white fondant to create butterflies and her name and age, and added a fairy candle. I made a few cake buntings a few weeks ago and thought it would be a cute final touch to the cake.

Overall, I was glad to hear that cake was well enjoyed at the party!

Kimberley x

5 comments:

  1. Hey Miss Ouano ,

    The little girl must be really lucky to have a cake that was baked by you. It looked really Sweet and Pretty just like you. I all so love that piece of Description that you left it sounded wonderful I love the bit how you said that is was made for an old school mate that was really thoughtful of you...

    From Lesieli your Best student at class....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesieli!

      Thanks for your lovely comment! Yes, im sure the little girl would have loved it! What girl dosen't love pink? :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Miss Ouano,


    You have used great ingredients and Focus on your beautiful Pink cake.... It looks yummy and great... In my eyes I see you as an point england Masterchef. Your cake turned out to be pretty and amazing.... You have the talent of an cake masterchef.... You should leave your hand to a rest from all that hard work ... You are the most best cooker that Room 14 has seen..... We have loved your cake over the days and have been druling over your deserts... You have done a great effort... Josephine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Josephine!

      What a lovely things to say! It is a lot of hard work, but the main thing is that I love to do it!

      Reach for the star and do what you love :)

      Delete