Monday 27 August 2012

Three Tier Ruffle Cake with Twenty One Cupcakes


Phewff! What a weekend! After baking and decorating this beauty I was totally burnt out! Looking at it now I am very happy with the end result!  However, the process and time involved was not so pretty! As a full time teacher it is a little hard to take on a big job like this, BUT I was up to challenge and I like to think that I passed! 

The cake and the cupcakes were choc flavoured with purple buttercream. I used a 1M tip to create a rose swirl effect, and I used a petal tip (can't remember the number) for the ruffles. The cupcakes took me about fifteen minutes to decorate. On the other hand the cakes took me 4+ hours to decorate as I was constantly running out of icing! Ruffle cakes need PLENTY of icing, next time I will be more prepared!

The best thing about baking and decorating is making people happy. The cake/cupcakes are always the center of attention, you say cake, I say celebration!  My client had later messaged me telling me how happy she was and her guests were not also commenting on the look but also the taste! I am so pleased as taste is a major factor for me. I want to make sure that I bake and decorate pretty and yummy cakes, not too keen on piling high with play dough (just kidding)!

Blood, sweat and tears aside, I am pleased with the cakes and cupcakes, and the best part was seeing the look on my customer's face when she first laid eyes on the cakes!

Kimberley x



2 comments:

  1. Hey Miss Ouano ,

    Your client must of been really lucky to have a cake that was baked by you. It looked really Sweet and Pretty just like you. I like how you used the colour Purple that's my Favourite colour. I also like how you blended the colours WHITE and PURPLE together it really matched.

    From Lesieli.. Best student you ever had...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lesieli,

      Oh so purple is your favourite colour? Thats is nice to know. It is such a vibrant colour isn't it :)

      Delete