Sunday 14 April 2013

Buttercream Graduation - Belgian Buttercream!

Red Velvet Cupcakes with Belgian Buttercream


Hallo, Bonjour, Gutentag! I said hello in three different languages this morning as Belgium is a trilingual country so there is no one way. Why am I trying to say hello in Belgian? Well the buttercream gods have sent me a heavenly buttercream recipe that I have been searching for a loooooong time! I was very lucky to stumble across this recipe in a cake forum, I will take this recipe to my grave hehehe.

I am so happy and proud to say that I have graduated from your typical American style butter and icing sugar buttercream, to smoothy, silky, and creamy Belgian Buttercream! Yay, no more overly sweet and gritty buttercream, just creamy, buttery perfection. No icing sugar here!
Red Velvet Cupcake with Belgian Buttercream

Yesterday my orders were made with this delicate buttercream, and I got to sample this beauty on a red velvet cupcake! So delish, really out of this word, not like overly buttery Swiss Meringue, or a rich Italian bc! Just perfection! 

Enough of my rantings, I just really wanted to share my excitement with you!

Kim xx 

2 comments: